William Brodbeck Herms (1876-1949)

The “Herms District” and “Camp William B. Herms” (also known as “Camp Herms” and previously named “Camp Berkeley”) are named after Professor Emeritus (University of California at Berkeley) and Lieutenant-Colonel (U.S. Army) William (“Billy”) Brodbeck Herms (1876-1949). He was a founding Berkeley Council BSA Executive Board Member (in 1916) and also the Council President (1926-1949). He was one of the first Advisors (along with Victor Lindbald) for the Gamma Gamma Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity at the University of California, Berkeley campus.